Family is everything to Amber. Love, support, guidance and inspiration—she finds all of these in the faces and hearts of the loved ones who surround her. Her family is the driving force behind everything she does, and she couldn’t have achieved the successes in her life without them along for the journey.
Growing up listening to country music, Amber enjoyed everything from Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn, to Garth Brooks and The Judds. Her mother was always a huge support, and is there for her daughter every step of the way. “I don’t know if I would have pursued music without her,” Amber says. Her “mama” can still recall when Amber was three years old, grabbing hold of the TV remote and using it as a microphone, while she cheered her on from the sofa. It was already clear that Amber had a passion for music.
Whether it was singing songs around the kitchen table or snuggled around the campfire, music was always a huge part of family time and it was natural it would become the cornerstone of her life.
With the release of her EP “Holding On To A Memory” produced by the incomparable Russell Broom, it is safe to say that Amber has found her own place in country music. She has grown into the person she’s always wanted to be, and describes her journey so eloquently. “In the last five years, I’ve found my own sound. I’m in a happy place, and have the drive and ambition to follow through. I’ve learned a lot of lessons over the years that have contributed to the artist I am today. I put my heart into everything I do, and I know who I am as a person, and a musician. I want to tell real stories through my songs, while maintaining humility and grace. I’m a woman with roots and wings. And my roots are planted firmly in country music.”
Amber’s artistry is constantly evolving. Her writing is a direct reflection of that. From Classic country, Roots, Blues, rock, and Pop country, Amber is breaking down border’s, and creating music that is authentically her own.
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS & ACCOLADES
- The Road to Big Valley – Winner – 2006
- Global Country Star Search – Finalist – 2006, 2007
- Ponoka Talent Show- Finalist – 2006
- Release of Self titled debut album- 2007
- Edson Slow Pitch Tournament- Headliner 2007
- Stony Plain Farmer’s Days- Headliner for alternate years since 2006- Present
- Small Town Big Dreams Fundraiser – 2015
- Edmonton Music Awards- People’s Choice Nominee -2016
- Sing ‘Em Back Home Fort McMurray Benefit Concert -2016
- Darwell Barnburner (Drew Gregory, Tebey & Jess Moskaluke) 2016
- Opening act for Emerson Drive 2016
FUNDRAISING EVENTS & CHARITIES
- Guest Bartender for Little Warriors Charity Event
CAREER AFFILIATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Association of Country Music in Alberta (ACMA)
- Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA)
PRESS AND INDUSTRY TESTIMONIALS
“There’s something smoky with almost a rockabilly edge to what I hear in you. Like early KD Lang a bit, but more soulful.”
– Russell Broom Producer/ Musician
“Over the course of the last several years, I’ve had the great opportunity to hear not only some home studio recorded material from Amber, but also some live performances as well. I can say, as both a Commercial Radio Programmer and a devout fan of the Country music genre, that Amber’s talent and choice of material is something that is desperately needed in the industry today.”
– Cory Noel 96.5 Ckfm
RADIO AND TELEVISION
- On-Air Interviews with: Jenn Dalen 93.1 The One- Leduc, AB (Made In Canada), Cal Gratton (Canadian Coast to Coast) Melfort , SK, and multiple interviews with Jerad Bowes XM 105.3- Whitecourt, AB – 2014, 2015